Boating season is right around the corner, so it’s not too early to talk about boating insurance! After a Minnesota winter like this one, we are all ready for warm sun, a cool lake breeze, and the sound of splashing waves. After all, Kandiyohi County is “where the lakes begin…” and there are so many lakes (30 to be exact!) to explore in the Willmar Lakes area. We have a dozen lakes just within a 10-mile radius of Willmar, so this is a great area for boating, fishing, and water recreation. Kandiyohi County was even a host to the Governor’s Fishing Opener in 2018! A tour with Green Lake Cruises is a great way to spend a summer day. Kandiyohi County is also the home of the Champion Little Crow Ski Team from New London. They perform every weekend in the Summer at Neer Park, on Crow River Lake Monongalia.
It’s not too early to start talking about boating insurance!
MG Insurance offers insurance for boats so you can feel confident that your summer fun is protected. We offer many boating insurance options to choose from as an Independent agent, but Progressive and Travelers have the most inclusive boat coverage, so they are a popular choice. Many insurance companies just cover your boat’s lower motor. But Travelers Insurance has great coverage for your boat and your boat motor, insuring more than just your propeller, but your entire motor.
Did you know?
- Most boat insurance will auto-renew, but it is always a good idea to review your coverage needs with your MG Insurance agent on a yearly basis.
- If you also have your home or autos with Travelers Insurance, you can get a multi-policy discount.
- Your boat is not covered under your home or auto insurance policy.
A few things to consider when purchasing boat insurance:
- What boat coverages are required by the lender (if financed)?
- How much would it cost to replace the boat after a loss?
- What deductible and expenses can you afford in the event of a loss?
- Is your boat transported via trailer?
- Where is your boat stored when it’s not on the water?
- Do you take others on your boat often?
- Are there special features on your boat that need extra protection?
More Boating Resources
- Love to fish? Here are some links to the Willmar Lakes area fishing report and the Kandiyohi Lakes.
- Time to get your boat out of storage? Here are some helpful tips for de-winterizing your boat.
- Thinking about buying a new boat this year? Here are some things to consider when buying a boat.
Contact MG Insurance for a quote on Boating Insurance Today!
We would love to talk with you about your options for boating insurance. Many insurance companies just cover your boat’s lower motor, but we have companies that offer the most inclusive insurance, covering not just your propeller, but your entire motor. Call us directly at 320-235-9394, stop in our downtown Willmar office, or fill out the form below to take the next step toward a fun summer.