The PWC or personal watercraft, such as the Jet Ski, WaveRunner or Sea-Doo, have been called the “Motorcycle of the Water” because of the personal freedom you get from them on the lake. The lakes of Kandiyohi County are a great place to enjoy your personal watercraft and we have 10 reasons why PWC’s are a popular choice (read to the bottom for a special offer from MG Insurance on personal watercraft insurance).
Why People Choose Personal Watercrafts for Minnesota Lakes
- Affordable – Investing in a personal watercraft is a much smaller investment compared to other boats, leaving you with more money to but other toys such as a motorcycle!
- You can ski behind PWC’s – As long as your personal watercraft has the horsepower, you can pull a skier or a tube, just like a boat.
- You can fit 2 (or sometimes 3) people – Many personal watercrafts are made for more than one person, so you can give kids (or big kids) a ride.
- PWC’s cost less to insure – Since jet skis are smaller and have smaller engines, jet ski or PWC insurance will cost you less than a full-size watercraft. The cost of PWC insurance depends on factors such as year, make and model, horsepower, engine type, and maximum operating speed. If you only want insurance coverage in the event it is damaged or you cause injury to another person, you can get a minimum amount of coverage.
- Easier to store – Since they are smaller, PWC’s are also easier to fit in your garage than a boat, or if needed, they cost less to store in the winter than a boat.
- Easy to transport and launch – PWC’s are easier and lighter to tow. Trailers can tow one or two personal watercrafts. Any vehicle hitch can be used, and you don’t need to purchase an expensive vehicle or 4 wheel drive to tow your PWC.
- You can fish behind them – Yes, you can go ahead and fish from your personal watercraft. There are even some personal watercrafts specially designed for fishing! Fishermen who also like adventure will enjoy taking their PWC out for a quick fishing tour.
- Fulfill the need for speed – Personal watercrafts can drive at some extreme speeds which will satisfy adrenaline junkies.
- Fuel efficient – You will be amazed at how little fuel you use on a day on the water, especially the newer PWC’s with efficient motors.
- Easy to operate – Since the PWC is smaller and easy to maneuver, they are simple to operate, even for less experienced drivers or people who are not comfortable with boat driving.
Minnesota PWC & Boating Resources
- Personal Watercraft Laws in Minnesota
- Minnesota Boating Guide
- 5 Exhilarating Jet Skiing Spots in Minnesota (although we like this list, they forgot some of Kandiyohi’s most popular lakes for watersports including, Green Lake, Big Kandiyohi Lake, Diamond Lake, and Norway Lake!)
Contact MG Insurance for a quote on Boating or Personal Water Craft Insurance Today!
Be ready to ride safe and enjoy riding your personal watercraft in Minnesota! As an independent agent, we offer multiple carriers to get you the very best rate on a boat, pontoon, or personal watercraft insurance. Call us directly at 320-235-9394, stop in our downtown Willmar office, or fill out the form below to take the next step toward a riding season.